Saturday, March 2, 2019

It's March already!!

Hello to all,
Had a  Texas road trip for work all of February. First to El Paso, then to Corpus Christi, and McAllen, then back to El Paso and last week, Lubbock. Whew!! I was kinda tired of the travel but I even got to see the Bluebonnets coming out on the drive to Corpus Christi. So beautiful this time of year in Texas.  I am still enjoying my job, but I have started to feel out the possibility of working maybe 25-30 hours or so for the next two years, until I decide on retirement.  I want to serve as a mentor to the new trainers, and I am hopeful that my manage will see that as a positive note--and we can get HR on-board, too.
   Still thinking I will start up a small cooking school for men, when I retire. Or, maybe join a tour group to feature Austin; Since I still love this city.  Or, even do my own podcasts on great things in Austin and the surrounding areas.  Hmm, so much to think about.
   I hope ya'll have had some time to think of the C.R. trip next year. I am hopeful we can work it out and probably have to get firm commitments, and money down for the tour by Oct. or November this year. 
   I have a few things going on this summer. I have invited a dear friend's granddaughter from Philly, Gianna, to be with me in July.  She is 12 and has been having some depression and school issues, but I am focusing on building up her spirit.  She will attend a camp outside of Kerrville for one week and then the second week of July 15th, we plan to do some fun stuff together, maybe even a few days at the Mayan Ranch in Bandera and of course, a trip to San Antonio.  If anyone wants to join us in July --let me know. It is a great dude ranch with many activities for the kids, and a pool and horses to ride.
   Brad and I are thinking we want to go to a national park in the U.S., but looking at Glacier or Yellowstone--but that would be in Sept. or Oct.--but not sure of dates, yet.
    My physical was last week, and all was fine, but need to focus on losing some weight. Always a challenge, but I know I just have to commit, plan out the meals and keep walking.
Best to all,
Karen
 

No comments:

Post a Comment