Saturday, July 28, 2018

Back in the Land of the Living

Well, I am very late to this party but I hope you had a great time in Costa Rica, Karen.  I'm with Mary - it looks beautiful and I am ready to go!

I have spent the past few months preparing for and moving from my apartment of 28 years to my new apartment.  It was both exhilarating and stressful going through everything and deciding what to keep and what to toss.  It was also liberating to get rid of so much clutter.

I am glad you and Terry are settling into your new house, Mary.  It sounds like you have a lot of folks interested in Terry's old house and from the pictures I can see why.  It looks beautiful and I'm sure you'll have no trouble selling it.

My move itself went smoothly, even in the pouring rain (!).  I have been spending the past few weeks getting to know my new neighborhood, which I love.  Although I am close to a busy avenue, the trees on my street act as a blanket and I do not hear the traffic.  I am close enough to the train that I can hear it, but it is a gentle rumbling with faraway bells and not at all intrusive.  In fact, I kind of like it as it reminds me of the train that we could hear in the distance back when I was a kid in Houston.  It's funny how those old memories can rise up to the surface so easily.

 I still have a lot to do here.  I got rid of most of my old furniture and have not replaced much yet.  But my bedroom, the kitchen, the bathroom, and the small room I am using as my office are done enough for me to live in comfortably while I take my time finishing up the rest.  We are finally having some beautiful summer weather and I want to take advantage of it since it disappears so quickly so I probably won't do much more until the fall.

Well that's it for me.  What's going on with everyone else?

1 comment:

  1. Debi, congrats on your very own unearthing and upheaval! So cathartic, right?! You’re on the other side now and can enjoy the fruits of your labor. Fresh start, new beginnings... Enjoy!!

    ReplyDelete