Sunday, November 25, 2018

Thanksgiving thoughts

I was remembering one of our Thanksgiving's at 5 Girl Farm. Do you remember we were cooking turkeys and forgot to take out the packet of giblets and the neck?  Ha, ha. I think I called my mom and she was like, well, that's o.k. just throw it out.  
I know we had lots of extra people one year for Thanksgiving.  I found a photo of my Dad too, since his birthday is Nov. 27th, we combined with TDAy, at the farm.
    I do like the pies and desserts, but this year, I could not eat that much, just did not want the sweets.  I am grateful for all the friends and family that are close to my heart.
    Hope you all have a wonderful December. It is nice in Texas, warmer temps but a few cold spells, too.
    I am going to some of the Farmer's markets and decided to give all home-made things to my sisters this year. There is a stand that sells yaupon extract to make tea, very good to drink hot or cold.  I also love local honey and candles made with soy.
    Cheers to all,
Karen

No comments:

Post a Comment