Thursday, October 4, 2018

October, pumpkins and spices, love it!

This time of year always is my favorite, with all the leaves, colors, and just changing of seasons.
  Yes, I know in Texas it is not much of a change, but for us, getting below 60, is a treat.
I love to bake pumpkins bread or muffins and just enjoy the outdoors, too.
  I've been busy at work, with classes and meeting new hires from all over Texas. I do like the interactions and finding out what they are interested in--and their families.  That's what keeps me thinking young, I do believe.
   We have Formula One race coming to Austin and Austin City Limits concerts, and it's a big deal in town. I have my friend from Costa Rica arriving on Oct. 17th and he stays over til the next week and loves to enjoy the race at COTA track.  This is his 6th year to attend the F1 race, and he is a big fan.  My brother, Rick, is coming and nephew, Evan.  
   I am not that into the race, so I think since my birthday is Oct. 20th, I might go to San Antonio and have a ladies weekend with a few friends.  We plan to relax, get massages, and mani/pedis and have some good meals and wine.
   This weekend I have the 15th birthday party and dance for my neighbor's daughter, Dayanarra.  The Quincinera is a big deal in their family and it will be fun.  
   Hoping ya'll are all safe and enjoying cooler temps--and the color of changing leaves.
I also got the set of Harper Lee's books, To Kill a Mockingbird and Go Set a Watchman.  I am reading and enjoying them both. TKM--always one of my favs.
Take care and stay in touch and post some ----let's catch up...
Karen

1 comment:

  1. Hi Karen and all FGF’ers! Yes, Fall is one of my favorite times of year, too. Cooler temps and beautiful colors.

    I’ve enjoyed seeing the pics on FB of
    Dayanarra’s Quincinera — looks like quite the production!

    I’m on my fourth Louise Penny mystery. That was an author mentioned by Nicki and others at our FGF Reunion. Very nice reads. Great author.

    Luv to all y’all! 💕

    ReplyDelete