Tuesday, May 29, 2018

Hi Five-Girl-Farm'ers!  I finally figured out that logging in to this site, is easier on my computer (rather than iPhone).  Now I have signed up for the notifications, too.  Yay!

Karen, you mentioned a get-together next year to discuss the Costa Rica trip.  That sounds great.  You mentioned possibly vising Kansas, and I second that.  The Kansas City - Country Club Plaza, for instance - is a pretty cool area, with lots of shopping, hotels, theaters, and restaurants -- all within walking distance.  Kind of a destination vaycay place.  And there are usually good fares on SWA from Austin/Chicago to MCI (KC airport and the Plaza are technically/actually in Missouri; we like to confuse people.  Ha!).  Check it out:

https://countryclubplaza.com/

Terry and I moved all my stuff from Lawrence to the new house in Topeka.  Now we are de-junking, cleaning-up, and getting ready to put his house on the market.  So then we can actually live in the new house.  What a concept.  Many boxes marked for garage sale.  Many bags of clothes delivered to GoodWill.  So much left to do, but we're getting there.  He's been in his house for 22 years.  Right now we are sorting through all the kids' toys, games, and what nots.  Lots o' stuff. 

Thinking of you all and what a great time we had at the Reunion!  Would love to do see you guys next year.  Also, here's a standing invitation to visit Kansas and stay with us once we actually get moved-moved.  I sincerely mean that!!

Luv,  --Mary

1 comment:

  1. Mary, that sounds like a great area. We could have a nice time and visit and enjoy the area, too. We shall see what is a good time for all, maybe for April or May in 2019,,, anyone have ideas for dates...let me know. Just got back from a two week class I was teaching in San Antonio. I did have the weekend in Austin, so not a bad trip. My class of 13 were a great group. They even bought me a Bundt cake on Friday and a gift bag from Bath and Body Works. Wow, I was speechless. I do spend lots of time with extra activities in class, makes it fun and interactive. Well, off to the FArmer's market this morning. Hope to get some tomatoes, lettuce, etc. Later, ya'll. Karen

    ReplyDelete